Repair the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll DLL in Windows
If you try to start the program and receive an error message stating that the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll DLL file is missing from your computer, you can use this guide to recover the missing DLL so that the program it works again.
When programs are created, they are associated with dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contain the code that the program needs to function properly. If the required DLL is missing, Windows will display a warning telling you the name of the missing DLL so you can try to resolve the issue.
If you run the program and receive the following error that api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, you must install the Visual C ++ 2015 package for redistribution according to the instructions below.
The program cannot start because your computer is missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Try reinstalling the program to resolve this issue /
To fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error in Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 resale page from Microsoft and click on Download button.
- You will be taken to a page where you will need to choose whether to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Select the version you need and click Next button. If you are not sure which version you need, you can use it that tutorial to figure out what you need.
- The file will now be downloaded to your computer. Once downloaded, double-click the download vc_redist.x64.exe map.
- The Microsoft Visual C ++ – 2015 screen for further distribution will appear, prompting you to agree to the license terms and conditions. Check the box “I agree” and click Install button.
- If Windows prompts you to allow the program to change or continue, click Yes oz Allow button.
- When finished, the program will display a message that it has been successfully installed.
- You can now close the installer.
If you already had the DLL installed and it still appears to be missing, you can download the above partition program, but do the repair this time.
You can now try to run the program that gave the error earlier and it should work again.
Users who read this also read:
If you start the program and receive an error message that Windows cannot find the vcruntime140.dll DLL file or that it is missing, you can use this tutorial to recover the missing DLL so that your program works again
Windows Defender allows you to perform a custom scan that allows you to specify a specific folder or drive that you want to scan for malware. Because you only need to scan one folder, the scan time will be much faster than scanning the entire device.
Once Windows is installed on your computer, you can install it as a 32-bit or 64-bit version. For most people, whether they use a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows doesn’t matter. However, it is important to know whether you are using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows when you perform certain tasks on your computer. For example, if you install new hardware or update …
Windows 7 hides certain files so they can’t be seen when you search for files on your computer. The files it hides are usually Windows 7 system files, which, if modified, could cause problems with the proper functioning of your computer. However, it is possible for a user or piece of software to set a file to be hidden by allowing a hidden attribute in a particular file or …