Fix your VLCUNTIME140.dll DLL error in Windows
If you start the program and receive an error message that Windows cannot find the vcruntime140.dll DLL file or that it is missing, you can use this tutorial to recover the missing DLL so that your program can run again.
When a program is created, they are associated with dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contain the code that the program needs. If the required DLL is missing, Windows will display a warning telling you the name of the missing DLL so you can try to recover or install the missing DLL.
If you run the program and receive the following error that vcruntime140.dll is missing, you must install the Visual C ++ 2015 redistribution package using the steps below.
The program cannot start because your computer is missing vcruntime140.dll. Try reinstalling the program to resolve this issue.
To fix the vcruntime140.dll error that is missing in Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 resale page from Microsoft and click on Download button.
- You will be taken to a page where you will need to choose whether to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Select the version you need and click Next button. If you are not sure which version you need, you can use it that tutorial to figure out what you need.
- The file will now be downloaded to your computer. Once downloaded, double-click the download vc_redist.x64.exe map.
- The Microsoft Visual C ++ – 2015 screen for further distribution will appear, prompting you to agree to the license terms and conditions. Check the box “I agree” and click Install button.
- If Windows prompts you to allow the program to change or continue, click Yes oz Allow button.
- When finished, the program will display a message that it has been successfully installed.
- You can now close the installer.
If you already had the DLL installed and it still appears to be missing, you can download the above partition program, but do the repair this time.
You can now try to run the program which previously gave the missing vcruntime140.dll error and should work again.
Users who read this also read:
Once Windows is installed on your computer, you can install it as a 32-bit or 64-bit version. For most people, whether they use a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows doesn’t matter. However, it is important to know whether you are using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows when you perform certain tasks on your computer. For example, if you install new hardware or update …
If you run the program and receive an error message stating that the program you are trying to run requires Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime, you can use this tutorial to install the package to make your program work again.
One of the features of the Start menu in Windows 10 is the built-in Bing search when the local search finds nothing. Whether it’s reasons for privacy, mistakes, or just personal dislike, this article will explain how to disable Bing search from the Start menu.