How to Install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime |
If you run the program and receive an error message stating that the program you are trying to run requires Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime, you can use this tutorial to install the package to make your program work again.
When developers create Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, there are special dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that their programs are connected to to work properly.
These DLLs are distributed through the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 runtime environment, and if the package is not installed, users will encounter errors indicating that the DLLs are missing or that you need to install the runtime environment.
For example, the video game Valorant today released an update that did not include Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime, making the game not work after installing the update.
When users start Valorant, they are greeted by the following error instead.
“The following components are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime”
The good news is that this problem is very easy to fix by downloading and installing the runtime environment from the Microsoft website.
To install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime, follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 resale page from Microsoft and click on Download button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be prompted to choose whether to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Select the version you need and click Next button. If you are not sure which version you need, you can use it that tutorial to figure out what you need.
BleepingComputer suggests that you download and install both x86 IN x64 versions of the runtime environment to avoid problems in the future.
- The files will now be transferred to your computer. Once downloaded, double-click the download vc_redist.x64.exe map.
- The Microsoft Visual C ++ – 2015 screen for further distribution will appear, prompting you to agree to the license terms and conditions. Check the box “I agree” and click Install button.
- If Windows prompts you to allow the program to change or continue, click Yes oz Allow button.
- When finished, the program will display a message that it has been successfully installed.
- Now perform the same installation steps vc_redist.x86.exe implementation time.
- You can now close the installer.
If you already have Visual C ++ 2015 Runtime installed, you can run the above expandable files and perform the repair.
You can now try to run a program that previously gave the missing error during execution and should work again.
Users who read this also read:
By default, the Windows 10 Start menu will open in a size that matches all the attached items. For those who want to use a larger home screen, it is possible to open the Start menu in full screen mode.
If you start the program and receive an error message that Windows cannot find the vcruntime140.dll DLL file or that it is missing, you can use this tutorial to recover the missing DLL so that your program works again
The web is made up of great content from all over the world, and sometimes the content you want to read is written in another language. Fortunately, Google Chrome has built-in support for Google Translate, which will automatically translate the page into the language of your choice.