The Popeyes branch in Washington, DC, closed after a TikTok video appeared showing the kitchen infected with rats

Popeye’s branch. Photo by Bruce Bisping / Star Tribune via Getty Images

  • Popeyes’ branch closed Thursday after a video surfaced showing several rats in the kitchen.

  • The video was posted on TikTok by a man who claims to be delivering chicken to various branches.

  • A sign posted by DC Health on the door of a restaurant in Washington, DC, listed regulations on food codes.

Popeyes in the Eastern Market area of ​​Washington, DC, was shut down earlier this week after a video surfaced showing rats swarming around the kitchen, reports Fox News.

The video was published in TikTok about two weeks before the store closed on Thursday. In the clip, a man named @ blaqazzrick01 and claims to be delivering raw chicken to Popeyes restaurants in the DC area, takes viewers to the location and says, “Do you all want to see something?”

He then continues to open the door and enters the kitchen, where several rats scurry around the kitchen and break through the walls.

“Do you still adore that chicken from Popeyes?” real man.

The video has been shared a thousand times since its release on October 11th.

Popeyes did not respond immediately to Insider’s request for comment.

A notice posted by DC Health at the door of the closed restaurant read: “This establishment is closed until further notice for violating Columbia County food code regulations that pose an immediate health hazard (s).”

This year, at least seven infringement complaints have been filed at six Popeye’s restaurants in the county, with the exception of the latest incident, by DC Health Records.

Other fast food restaurants across the country made headlines this year due to hygiene-related incidents.

Earlier this month, a subway franchise worker was filmed in Rhode Island stamping on sandwich fillings and place them on the toilet seat. The company said he was fired after the videos surfaced.

August is a The Burgerville branch in Portland is temporarily closed after the company said it found human excrement on its premises.

Read the original article at Business Insider

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!