Have you ever wondered if packaged or bottled drinking water can harm your children? That’s EVERYTHING you need to know!
Packaged drinking water or bottled water is convenient to carry with you, while parents perceive it as healthier and safer for their children. Sources of packaged drinking water are rivers, lakes and public taps. This water is then purified and filtered and then goes through reverse osmosis and UV treatment for improved taste. Packaged drinking water has few natural minerals, which gives it a distinct taste as it has.
Is bottled water or packaged drinking water safe for your children? Is not necessarily. There are some brands of bottled water that are certified by the government and are safe to drink. However, this does not mean that all brands can be considered safe, as it is difficult to calculate and analyze the degree of purity and safety.
Also, the quality of bottled water can vary depending on where the water comes from – whether it is well water, spring water or municipal water and how it is treated.
But what are the reasons for this?
Not only for your children, but also for you, it is important to enjoy safe and clean water. This is because drinking is unclean and dangerous water it can cause several water-borne diseases, which can lead to other serious health problems.
In order for water to be safe for your children and you to drink, it must contain few contaminants and microorganisms that are harmful to your health. It is recommended that you do not give your children bottled water or packaged drinking water as they may contain some chemical compounds that are NOT safe.
However, there are times when we don’t really have a choice. In this case, buy bottled water belonging to a reputable brand as it is monitored by the Indian Food Safety Standards Association (FSSAI) and the Indian Standards Bureau (BIS). Try to buy at a good store and not from road vendors or local vendors, as sometimes they reuse the bottle and fill it with tap water.
Water contains small to small amounts of minerals and nutrients, but during the cleaning and filtration process, the minerals are washed away along with the impurities. It is better to use the usual water available in our homes. Now the question arises: how should purify water do we make sure the water in our homes is safe to drink? Well, there are many ways to do that.
Here are some ways you can purify water at home:
- Boil the water: Boiling is the simplest, easiest and cheapest way to clean drinking water in your household. All you have to do is take the drinking water into a large container and heat it. Bring the water to a boil at about 100⁰C and turn off the heat. Harmful microorganisms will not be able to survive sudden temperature changes and will die. Cover the water with a lid to cool. Now strain the water through a clean muslin cloth and store it in clean containers or bottles.
- Use chlorine tablets: You can use chlorine tablets to purify water at home. Even the municipal society uses chlorine tablets to purify and purify water to make it safe to drink and cook before distributing it to households. But boiling water is still the best method to use.
- Use a water purifier or filter: You can install a water purifier at home to clean and filter the water. It is also an easy and convenient way to ensure that the water in your house is safe to drink for your children and your family members. There are several types of water purifiers available on the market, such as:
- Reverse osmosis (RO) filters.
- Sediment filters
- Ultraviolet (UV) filters
- Activated carbon filters
- Ultrafiltration (UF) filters
We suggest that you do some proper research and find the filter that best suits your needs.