Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) shares are rising on Thursday due to the publication of the company’s latest earnings report.
let’s go dive into this news below to see what lifted the mood of DAL shareholders today!
- Delta Air Lines released a profit report for the fourth quarter and full year 2021 before markets opened this morning.
- The earnings report starts strongly with adjusted earnings per share of 22 cents.
- That exceeds Wall Street’s estimate of 14 cents a share.
- Revenue of $ 9.47 billion is another highlight for the company.
- That exceeds the $ 9.21 billion in revenue analysts were looking for in the fourth quarter.
- Adjusted losses per share for the full year 2021 were $ 4.08.
- This is better than the adjusted loss per share of $ 4.22 expected by analysts.
- Annual revenue is $ 29.9 billion.
- Once again, this is a win for DAL shareholders compared to Wall Street’s estimate of $ 29.4 billion.
- Delta Air Lines maintains strong prospects for the first quarter of 2022, despite Omicron’s concerns.
- This includes capacity between 83% and 85%.
Ed Bastian, CEO of Delta Air Lines, said this about Omicron’s impact on the company.
“While the rapidly expanding version of omicron has had a significant impact on staff numbers and disrupts travel across the industry, Delta’s operations have stabilized in the past week and returned to pre-holiday results. Omicron is expected to temporarily delay demand recovery for 60 days, but as we look past the summit, we are confident of a strong spring and summer travel season with significant subdued demand for consumer and business travel.
DAL shares have risen 2.5% since Thursday morning.
Investors looking for more stock market news will want to stay!
We have all the latest report that traders need to know for Thursday! This includes morning movements of stocks in front of the market, price forecasts for Shopify (NYSE:TRADE), as well as what it affects electroCore (NASDAQ:ECOR). You can find out all about these matters at the links below!
More stock market news for Thursday
On the day of the publication of William White did not hold (directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities referred to in this Article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and are the subject of InvestorPlace.com Guidelines for publication.
Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, https://investorplace.com/2022/01/dal-stock-alert-11-reasons-why-delta-airlines-shares-are-getting-a-lift-today/.
© 2022 InvestorPlace Media, LLC