The spirits of our lost children have returned to bring us comfort: parents tell their stories


City superwoman Nicola Horlick, known for her stupidity, is someone who doesn’t suffer from fools.

But this week in Mail, she shared her stunning account of how her daughter Georgie, from images that mysteriously fell to the ground, to more visceral encounters, returned to “help” the family after she died of leukemia. , 12 years old.

Her convincing and deeply moving words have hurt some of you, our readers, who have also lost their own children, very personally. You were overwhelmed by your responses, which told us how your sons and daughters from beyond the grave also visited you.

“Our lovely Lisa had died just two weeks earlier when she first visited us,” says Clive Wilson. “We were in bed and fell asleep when Trish saw Lisa’s face and heard her say very clearly, ‘Mom, Dad needs you.’

“It was typical for Lisa to take care of me. He has been visiting us regularly ever since. Sometimes it is present live. However, there have also been unusual incidents that have no other explanation. ‘

Special Presence: Lisa Wilson graduated in 2001, the year before she died in a car accident in Australia

As with Nicola, Lisa’s death convinced former skeptics Cliva, 70, and wife Trish, 72, of New Forest – who say they are not strongly religious – that there is an afterlife and that the dead can communicate with the living. .

Lisa was barely 23 years old when she died in a car accident in 2002. The traveler saved for the trip after graduating in 2001 with a degree in business administration from Solent University in Southampton.

She has traveled the U.S., Fiji and New Zealand and thrown herself into feats that Clive admits have left us sick of nerves such as ‘glacier climbing and bungee jumping’.

When Lisa arrived in Australia and made her way home, her parents finally felt they could relax. However, in November 2002, Lisa and her friends were driving to Uluru when a car drove off the road. Lisa, who was in the passenger seat, died immediately.

“It’s impossible to describe our shock and destruction,” says Clive, who also has two sons with Trish – Scott, now 46, and Ross, 44. “We flew straight to Australia to bring Lisa home.

‘That’s when Trish first felt her presence – when Lisa told her to comfort me.’

Over the next few months, Lisa visited her parents several times. “When I couldn’t sleep, I found solace in her bed,” Clive tells us. ‘I once felt her so vividly lying next to me that I was carrying her on my back, across the podium, that she could comfort Trish too.

‘Her presence was so intense. It was like feeling the waves of electricity charge me and Trish said I was glowing all over. It was extraordinary. ‘

But in addition to physical presence, Clive says Lisa introduced herself in physical ways – even by giving her parents “gifts”.

“A few years after she died, it was approaching Father’s Day and I was especially short,” he says. ‘I happened to visit a whiskey distillery in Scotland where I took 15 miniature gift bottles.

When I came to unpack them later that day, I found an extra bottle that I didn’t take or pay for. I believe Lisa’s gift was for Father’s Day. ‘ Since Lisa’s death, the couple has raised £ 300,000 to fund a scholarship, the Lisa Wilson Scholarship Fund, for students at Solent University.

“It was a great convenience,” Clive says. “But the greatest consolation was knowing that Lisa is still there – still watching us, still loving us as we have her.”

Lilian McDade knows how she feels. It was the visits of her youngest son, Daniel, that helped the retired teacher from Glasgow to overcome her unimaginable loss.

“Since he died, Daniel has visited me regularly and sent me hundreds of messages,” says 75-year-old Lilian. “When he was alive, we were extremely close and I believe he still wants to show his love.”

Daniel McDade died of a viral infection that entered his brain at the age of 21 in 2002. His mother Lilian said visits from her youngest son helped a retired teacher from Glasgow overcome her unimaginable loss.

Daniel McDade died of a viral infection that entered his brain at the age of 21 in 2002. His mother Lilian said visits from her youngest son helped a retired teacher from Glasgow overcome her unimaginable loss.

The baby of the family coming after siblings Jamie, now 46, and Angelo, 43, Lilian describes Daniel as “the light of my life”.

“He was a handsome young man with a large circle of friends and a great job in the fashion store. He loved clubs and sports,” he says.

When he died of a viral infection, aged 21, just six days after he fell ill, I was in complete distress. Honestly, I didn’t know how I was going to survive until I had the most wonderful life-affirming experience six months after his death. ‘

Lilian describes how Daniel returned for a winter walk one day.

“I saw him standing on top of a snowy hill surrounded by fir trees, all flickering with colored lights,” he says. ‘He was wearing a long, black coat that still hung in his wardrobe.

As he walked towards me, he smiled and said, “Look at the winter wonderland I made for you.” Then he hugged me and hugged me tightly.

‘For the first time since he died, I felt calm. Daniel and I both loved winter time, so the gift made perfect sense. ‘

The visit triggered the beginning of Liliana’s healing process and further signs of Daniel, both directly and through other people. “After that, I started receiving messages from various sources,” he says.

Daniel’s friend the teacher had returned from skiing in the Dolomites, which he was supposed to go on together.

He told me that he clearly felt Daniel standing on top of the mountain next to him – ready to ski together. Someone who didn’t usually believe in things like that was surprised.

“The second time I was at the place where we scattered Daniel’s ashes. I walked home and cried when I heard Daniel’s voice, clear as day, “I’m not up there, Mom. I’m coming home with you. “‘

Others also reported seeing Daniel.

Eight years after his death, Lilian received a surprising report from a friend who cared for her while she was on vacation.

“Again, someone who would normally be skeptical of ghosts told me that he had seen a young man standing in the corner of the living room several times,” he says.

‘In all communications – whether directly to me or through other people – it is most striking that Daniel’s personality shines through. His kindness, energy and sense of humor are so alive.

“I desperately miss Daniel and regret the life I should have. But I’m so grateful to have these wonderful experiences. They’re much less common now, but Daniel still visits me about four times a year and whenever I need him most.”

However, many of the parents we spoke to also said how they saw their child in forms other than physical.

For Lucy Herd, who lost her 23-month-old son Jack in 2010 after tragically drowning in their garden pond after climbing over a wall, her little son always appears to her in the same, magical way.

Jack Herd died, aged 23 months, in 2010 after drowning in a garden pond after climbing over a wall.

Jack Herd died, aged 23 months, in 2010 after drowning in a garden pond after climbing over a wall.

“During Jack’s death and his funeral, he came back to me for the first time,” says the 46-year-old from Wokingham, Berkshire, who also has a 25-year-old son, a 20-year-old daughter and seven-year-old Noah. who was born after Jack’s death.

“I went to visit him in the chapel of rest and when I came back out I found myself looking up and screaming at the sky like a wild animal in pain.

“I blamed God for taking it from me. My world was shattered: I had no idea how I would ever live again.

But as I screamed into that clear blue sky, a rainbow appeared out of nowhere. It stopped me and I just stood and watched. It was a bright, warm day. Why was the rainbow so incredibly alive above me?

‘As soon as I saw this, I felt an incredible peace. I knew Jack was trying to tell me everything was going to be okay. ‘

Turns out this is just the beginning.

In the first year after Jack’s death, Lucy saw more than 150 rainbows.

“I’d only see a handful before that,” Lucy says.

“But now there were so many and they showed up on occasions when you would usually never see a rainbow, so I know it’s Jack. I saw them in front of me in the fog when I was walking the dogs, at night I saw ‘moon rainbows.’ “And on clear days” rainbows of fire “.

‘That’s the name of those rainbows that come without rain, I’ve discovered ever since. They are not common and usually occur to sailors at sea or in icy places. ‘

He adds: ‘Rainbows are perfectly appropriate for Jack because his personality was so colorful and magical. He was a ball of energy, a boy with an infectious laugh who greeted everyone and gave kisses to the old ladies in the queue at the supermarket.

‘When he’s with me, sometimes I get that almost childish energy – I feel his mischievous enthusiasm for life.’

Of course, Lucy says things were never the same after his death.

Like many couples suffering from such a loss, she and Jack’s father struggled to mourn together and their relationship did not last. But all along, Jack’s rainbows were a consolation.

“If I’m looking for a rainbow, I’ll never see it,” Lucy says. “But when I need him – on his birthday, anniversaries, when I feel bad or need reassurance – they kind of always come up.”

Always by my side: Beth Deacon-Bates with baby Roy in 2019

Always by my side: Beth Deacon-Bates with baby Roy in 2019

Unfortunately, Beth Deacon-Bates and her husband Jack never had a chance to really meet their boyfriend Roy, who died at five days in 2019 after being born at 28 weeks.

Still, Beth swears she could still watch Roy grow up.

“Food has always been my big passion, but after Roy died, I lost my desire to bake,” says the 28-year-old from the Essex Colchester.

“Then one day, a few months after his death, when I was standing and looking at my bakery equipment, I felt a presence at the door.

What’s more, I also saw fog around him that couldn’t be explained by anything that was going on in the kitchen. I just knew it was Roy.

‘It was incredibly soothing and it shocked me to be able to move on with my life. I started baking again and after that I started seeing him regularly. ‘

Beth admits that “it may sound strange to anyone who hasn’t felt it,” but adds, “It’s like being on the edge of our world and looking after your family.

‘It may not be fully present in our dimension, but it is certainly there and the presence of my son at the door of my home gives me comfort.’

Since Roy’s death, Beth, who also has four sons Vincent and Edmund, one, has begun raising funds in his memory. And he says Roy was present for that too.

‘Training for the half marathon was not easy. But every time I went for a run, I saw a fox, even in the middle of the day, when they are rarely outside, ”he says.

“We would make eye contact with each other. I just knew it was Roy’s way of connecting.

When we sold the house last October, I was afraid I would never see Roy in our new home again. Fortunately, I can still feel his presence at the door.

‘I experience it in the form of age as it should be, so I see it here as a toddler right now, although I don’t see it in detail.’

Although Jack disagrees with his wife’s view that Roy is still with them, Beth says she supports him.

“But when I die, I know I have the next chapter with my son,” he says.

‘Like Roy’s mom, it gives me immense comfort.’



Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!