A dog owner’s veterinary bill worth £ 12,000 after a pet swims in the sea

MY NUMBER 1 RECOMMENDATION TO CREATE FULL TIME INCOME ONLINE: CLICK HERE

Eight-month-old Staffordshire bull terrier Louise Moss Nalu contracted a severe infection on the beach and had to be placed on a ventilator

The social worker received a veterinary bill of £ 12,000 after her dog fell ill after swimming in polluted seawater.

Louisa Moss was ‘scared’ when her eight-month-old Staffordshire bull terrier Nalu fell ill with a severe infection and became so ill that she had to be put on a ventilator.

Her dog was breathing hard, with only a quarter of her lungs working, and she spent six days touching and going to the vet reference center fighting for her life.

Nalu survived, but her owners believe she was lucky to live after they suspected the cause of her illness was polluted seawater.

The family lives on Hayling Island, Hants, where Nalu would swim in the sea.







Nalu before it gets bad
(

image:

Solent News & Photo Agency)

Dog owner David Arthur revealed this week that his Great Dane Odin had died from swimming in the sea there.

Odin’s death came after Southern Water was fined a record £ 90 million last July for deliberately spilling sewage into the sea.

Many locals and organizations have reported pollution and disease in 2021.
Ms Moss believes the dirty water has affected her dog and others, as well as locals going into the sea.

The 47-year-old said: “All of a sudden she really got sick, so we took her to the vet and they said she has aspiration pneumonia and E. coli in her lungs.






(

image:

Solent News & Photo Agency)

“We believe it came about because of her swimming in the sea, as we live near Langstone Harbor, we walked down with her and took her into the water to get her used to the water because we have a boat and we wanted her to come on it with us .

“At first we thought it was a dog cough, but you only get E. coli from the mud, so we thought it might be due to swimming in the sea and sewage.

“We ended up getting a bill of around £ 12,000 because the vets told us she wouldn’t be able to stand it if she stayed with them because they didn’t have the equipment.

“She needed a very high ventilation device, so we took her to the Lumbry Park Specialty Hospital in Alton and she stayed there for six days.







Odin, who died
(

image:

Solent News & Photo Agency)

“They said there was a high chance she would die and that I shouldn’t have visited her if I was too excited.

“Only a quarter of one lung was working, the other lung was not working at all.

The vets called us three times a day and said there was nothing, but then it would seem a little brighter.

“We thought that was it, but on the sixth day she actually ate something.

“It was so traumatic. I was in tears every day, it was one of the worst experiences of my life.”







Langstone Harbor and its mud
(

image:

Solent News & Photo Agency)

Mr Arthur was offered £ 500 from Southern Water as a gesture of goodwill, but the company refused to say the water in the area was not clean.

Ms Moss said: “I found out about Odin because I was telling a lady who was walking her dog past my house about what happened to Nal and she said‘ another dog died because of it ’.

“I sent a message to the owner that I will support him if he continues to do so. You are not giving money for something that is not your problem.”

Ms Moss says she intends to bring Southern Water to court for small lawsuits, as she believes they are to blame for Nalu’s illness.







Odin with David Arthur.
(

image:

Solent News & Photo Agency)

“I emailed Southern Water and said I believe my dog ​​got sick after he was in the water. They don’t believe the sea is dirty and they said it was always clean there.

“It’s not just dogs, people get sick from water and everything. We kayak there and carry paddleboards.

“Now I’m just constantly worried she’s going to get sick again. I’m not going to let her in the water anymore and everyone I’ve talked to has said they’re not going to go in the water right now.”

A Southern Water spokesman said: “We are sorry that Mrs Moss’s dog has fallen ill. We understand how a grieving pet owner would be looking for someone to blame, but there is no evidence that we are directly or indirectly responsible.”

“The beaches around Hayling Island are among the highest quality waters in the country – they have been tested all summer by the Environment Agency with results published on the Defra website.

About 78 of the 83 beaches in our area are classified by the government as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ and none are below acceptable.

“To enable recreational water users to make informed decisions about whether to go to sea, we publish each rainwater discharge in near real time 365 days a year.”

read more

read more

.

MY NUMBER 1 RECOMMENDATION TO CREATE FULL TIME INCOME ONLINE: CLICK HERE

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!