Nthe other works similarly to ketchup to add instant sweet-sticky balance to marinades. Here, in one of my sticky recipes for family heritage, I embraced his sublime joy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 heaped tablespoons of tomato puree
- Juice ½ lemon 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons garam masale
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- ½ cups of tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- 8 boneless chicken thighs on the skin
- Heat the grill on high and cover the grill pan with foil or prepare the grill for cooking.
- Put all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken to the bowl and massage the marinade into the chicken with your hands so that it is really well lined.
- Roast the chicken under the grill or on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken is soft, golden yellow and begins to brown slightly at the edges. Serve hot with a salad of your choice.
Recipe from the book 30 Minutes Mowgli by Nisha Katon (Food Book, £ 25) Order a copy from Telegraph Bookstore.