The process of hair growth seems to take a long time, especially if the condition of your hair seems to be deteriorating day by day. One day you may be thinking about thin hair, the next you may be thinking about hair loss. If you are wondering how to increase hair growth, here are some tips. Although modern marketing techniques may lead you to believe that you need to use a lot of hair products to get results, this is not true. To make your hair grow faster and thicker, you should improve your daily hair care and try some natural remedies.
How to increase hair growth?
Just like your body, your hair needs enough food and nutrients to be strong, healthy and shiny. Home remedies can provide the nutrition needed for faster hair growth, a proper hair care routine it can control hair fall problems.
Health Shots contacted Dr. Nivedita Dadu, Renowned Dermatologist, Founder and President of Dadu Medical Center has listed some hair care tips to follow and home remedies to boost hair growth.
Dr Dadu says, “Hair growth is a four-stage cycle. From the growth stage, which is known as anagen, then the breakdown stage. Then the rest phase begins and finally regrowth. Nowadays, people of all ages suffer from hair loss and baldness. Due to pollution, stress, seasonal fluctuations and lifestyle changes, hair loss has become a common concern for everyone. However, you can get rid of all your hair problems by following some tips and remedies.”
5 hair care tips to boost hair growth
1. Scalp massage: Regular scalp massage not only relaxes you and reduces stress, but also helps improve blood circulation to the hair roots, which speeds up hair growth.
2. Choose the right shampoo: It is important to choose the right shampoo for your hair type. If someone has a very oily scalp, they should use a clarifying shampoo. If someone has a dry scalp, then they should opt for a moisturizing or hydrating shampooand if someone has thin hair, then they need a gentle and strengthening shampoo.
3. Eat a healthy diet: Always follow a proper diet, as a healthy and well-balanced diet can help stimulate the hair follicles to enter the anagen phase, which then promotes hair growth.
4. Avoid styling or overheating your hair: Heat for hair can make hair brittle and dry. It can also cause dehydration and increased breakage. It also removes a protein called keratin from the hair, which makes the hair look healthy. It can contribute to hair loss due to breakage.
5. Keep your scalp clean: A clean and healthy scalp promotes good hair growth. The frequency of weekly hair washing can be determined according to the condition of the scalp. If your scalp is oily and excessively sweaty, wash it every day with a gentle shampoo. If your scalp is dry, wash it twice a week. It will help preserve the scalp’s natural oils and prevent irritation.
5 home remedies to speed up hair growth
1. Onion juice: Onions are a magical ingredient for your hair. Sulphate present in onion juice promotes hair growth and controls hair fall.
2. Aloe vera: It is a highly nourishing gel that is widely used to treat various hair problems. The fatty acid compounds present in aloe vera gel have anti-inflammatory properties that eliminate scalp inflammation and help get rid of dandruff. It also has a soothing effect that can help moisturize the scalp and promote hair health.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Clean your scalp with apple cider vinegar. Your scalp needs exfoliation to maintain its pH balance. It won’t be just that accelerate hair growth but it will give shine to the hair.
4. Coffee: Coffee is used as a leave-in conditioner to promote hair growth. Due to the phytosterols in it, it detoxifies the scalp and stimulates blood circulation. It can help prevent premature graying. In addition, coffee contains caffeine, which helps make hair smooth and shiny.
5. Fenugreek: Fenugreek, also known as methi seeds, is an herb that is used as a culinary ingredient in every Indian kitchen. Methi seeds are high in iron, protein and important elements that can help nourish and promote hair growth.
It should be noted that while all-natural ingredients may be safe, they may not be suitable for all scalp types and can sometimes cause allergies. Therefore, a patch test is always recommended.